Friday, November 18, 2011

Things to be thankful for....

*Trains, cars, airplanes, horses and buggies that allow us to travel great distances to share thanksgiving with our loved ones.
*The spouse who complains when dinner is not on time, because s/he is home with me, not with someone else.
*The teenager who is complaining about doing dishes, because that means she is at home and not on the streets.
*The mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.
*The taxes I pay because it means that I am employed.
*The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
*My shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.
*A lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
*All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
*The space I find at the far on end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
*My huge heating bill because it means I am warm.
*The lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means I can hear her.
*The piles of laundry and ironing because it means I have clothes to wear.
*Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.
*The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I'm alive.
*Getting too much email bogs me down but at least I know I have friends who are thinking of me.

From Western Cowman magazine, November 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment