Saturday, January 14, 2012

"Birds of the air..."

Saturday, January 14, 2012

I had just finished breakfast and noticed a commotion outside the kitchen door. The ditch bank and the trees along the bank were alive with hundreds of blackbirds. Now they are not my favorite bird, but it was obvious they didn’t care. The blackbirds were having great fun. As if watching a wave of water coming in from the ocean, they flew to the ground and back to the trees, slowly moving closer and closer to our yard and then they were gone to another playground. I felt God’s lesson coming my way. I prepared myself to listen to Him.

We continue to have health issues. Bob has another surgery coming up this week and my back and legs continue to torture me with pain. I had complained this very morning about paying for an MRI to find out that the MRI didn’t pick up anything wrong. “Maybe it is …..” I quit listening after I had received the news. All I could think about was how I had wasted our money for a good report. Then I started scolding myself for my negative feelings, as I was reminded that people every day have tests that cost so they CAN get a good report.

That’s when it happened. In my gray, foggy mood, I saw God’s workings in nature – the dance of joy.

“Look at the birds in the air. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. And (Helen) you know that you are worth much more than birds. You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.” Matthew 6:26-27

Forgive me Lord for placing the focus of my day on something meaningless. Help me to give you honor and glory each and every moment of my life. Amen

#78 God’s creation enjoying life


--Helen Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment