Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
The one hundred eighteenth psalm reminds us that today, like every other day, is a cause for celebration. God gives us this day; He fills it to the brim with possibilities, and He challenges us to use it to His purposes. The day is presented to us fresh and clean at midnight, free of charge, but we must beware: Today is a non-renewable resource---once it's gone, it's gone forever. Our responsibility, of course, is to use this day in the service of God's will and according to His commandments.

"Help me, Father, to learn from the past but not live in it. And, help me to plan for the future but not to worry about it. This is the day You have given me, Lord. Let me use it according to your master plan, and let me give thanks for Your blessings. Enable me to live each moment to the fullest, totally involved in Your will. Amen" (My Daily Journal with God by Mary Carlisle Beasley)

From Ann Voskamp: I open a Bible and His plans, startling, lie there barefaced. It's hard to believe it, when I read it, and I have to come back to it many times, feel long across those words, make sure they are real. But His love letter forever silences the doubts: "Before the world began, God planned this wisdom for our glory." (1 Corinthians 2:7 NCV)

Thankfulness should never end:
*I met the challenge and read through the Bible in one year.
*A new year has been given to me to grow in faith and become more Chirst-like.
*We celebrated Mom's birthday with cupcakes and talking. She was having a good day.
*My precious Aunt Marilyn Kae and faithful Uncle Spud made her day even more special.

Earline

No comments:

Post a Comment