Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Attitude

There are days when "me" takes over, and I claim the symptoms of bad attitude. Then I get upset with myself which leads to further symptoms of bad attitude. Maybe today it has to do with the flies. Yes, flies...annoying flies are taking over my east kitchen window, buzzing and making quite a commotion. As if a directive was released by the head fly, the attack turns to where I am sitting at the kitchen table. All I want to do is enjoy the beautiful scenery, drink my java, and rake in the warm rays of the morning light, but the flies will have none of it - attacking and dive bombing directly in my path, buzzing my head. As I was just about to complain to anyone willing to listen, including God, something unexpected happened. I started internally singing, "Count your blessings, name them one by one." I began to realize how blessed I was. I HAVE a home with screens and windows and doors; I HAVE climate control temperature inside this home; I HAVE running water with an indoor bathroom; I HAVE clean water to drink; I HAVE clothes that fit most of the time; I HAVE a washer and dryer, a dishwasher, a garbage disposal, a refrigerator, a stove.....Okay, God, you definitely have my attention and my attitude. "Count your blessings, see what God has done."

54. fly swatter

Helen Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment